To ensure that you have everything that you need, do this at least a day before the shoot. Unforeseen events always happens (Ex. unexpected emergencies, equipment failures and sometimes.. Oversleeping.. #guilty #truestory)
Below is a list of things I usually do prior to my shoot.
- Charge batteries (flash and camera batteries)
- Format all memory cards
- Test all equipment to make sure that its working perfectly.
- Dust off dirt from your cameras and lenses. You may use those rocket blowers and lens cloths to remove those dusts.
- Pack camera, lenses, chargers, flash, monopod (Its is very useful in stabilizing shots on music gigs. Especially on low light scenarios) and other lighting equipments.
- Bring extra shirts.
- Bring a couple of trash bags (No you won’t be cleaning up the hall after the shoot. You can use this to wrap your bag just in case a monsoon decides to drop by the venue).
- Bring calling cards.
- Bring water and a couple of energy bar
- Pack several SMILES (It comes a long way, I promise. )
What to do on the day of the shoot?
Come in at least an hour early to scout the area. This will also make an impression that you are professional and you mean business. Talk to the organizers about what kind of shots they want since they may be using your photos on their post event press releases. Shoot around to test your settings.
Make sure that you already ate before going to your shoot. You need to be energized for a whole day event.
And lastly, MINGLE, SMILE, TALK TO PEOPLE and ENJOY YOUR WORK!
Dutdutan Tattoo Convention 2011
Philippine’s premier Tattoo Expo and Convention presented by Tribal Streetwear and Skinworkz.
I’m not part of the organizing committee, I will just have the honor of shooting for the event. I got the info below from their official FB Account (Dutdutan Convention 11). You can also visit their website www.dutdutan.com.ph for more info.
Dutdutan info and list of activities
- Dates: Aug 26-27, 2011
- World Trade Center Hall B & C
- Open gates at 12noon
- Program from 1pm to 2am per day
- 1 day ticket is P250 & 2 days ticket is P450
- Event shirt is P350
- Tickets and shirts available during the event & on Tribal boutiques
- URCC on Aug 26
- Bikini & Drum Duel on Aug 27
- Bands, Tattoo Convention & Tattoo Competition on both days (different bands and tattoo categories per day)
- You can bring DLSR, video camera
- 90 Tattoo booths – foreign and local
- Surprise international guests from Tribal Crew
- Hourly raffle draw (Don’t forget to drop your raffle stub at the entrance)
- Freebies from sponsors during the event
Official band lineup of Dutdutan ’11!
Kadangyan, Budoy, Talahib, Republika de Lata, Kwadro, The Chongkeys, Batas, Sinosikat, Kamikazee, Tanya Markova, General Luna, Intolerant, Maplesyrup, Lolita Carbon of Asin, Valley of Chrome, Chilidogs, Reklamo
Grandslam Tambulan, Krazykyle & Rapskallion, Dcoy Mizz Snapper & Wika Artists, Franco, The Breed, Gandharva, Grin Department, FINALVOW, Papadom & Powerpuffcorn, Arcadia, Chicosci, Hijo, WUDS, The Dawn, Dahong Palay